RE: trendiness measures

Apples and oranges.  ADX tells you something about the strength of the trend right
now.  Trendiness tells you something about the character of the market over a period
of time - does it lend itself to a trend-following approach at all?  It's not a
measure of the current trend.

The underlying theory for trendiness is the same one that forms the basis of the
Random Walk Index (RWI).  So one could ask:  How does RWI correlate with ADX?  I
don't know the answer to that yet.  But it's a good question...