RE: trendiness measures

I'm beginning to play with the trendiness indicator, and it looks very useful in
deciding:

- Which markets to trade.
- What system to use.  So far I'm finding that, with high trendiness measures,
simple moving average crossovers work well, and more sophisticated trend detectors
should work even better.  I suspect volatility breakout approaches will work better
with low trendiness markets - haven't tested this yet.
- What *timeframe* to trade.  I'm finding that the same market is very trendy in one
timeframe, and very anti-trendy in another.  This seems like very useful information
in determining planned holding periods, etc.  Also interesting to see the difference
in trendiness between n-minute charts and n-tick charts.
- Running this for consecutive shorter time periods can give you a sense of how
stable a market's trendiness has been in the past, which of course doesn't give a
guarantee for the future, but is nevertheless reassuring.  Also continuing to run it
regularly on a market you're trading can give you a sense whether a fundamental
change is happening in the character of the market, possibly yielding better
confidence when deciding whether to continue trading a system or abandon it.

I'm just at the tip of the iceberg here, but I see a lot of utility to this little
tool...

  David