RE: Blank Strategy Performance Report - FIXED!

  • To: "Allen Marshall" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Blank Strategy Performance Report - FIXED!
  • From: "David Rosenthal" <davidrnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 21:07:10 -0700

Allen, Michael, Jeff,

I'm pleased to report that I've been able to solve the problem of the non-operative
Blank Strategy Performance Report *without* re-installing Tradestation.
Fortunately, I also had the program installed on my laptop machine, and that one
continued working.  I found a program called DLLExplorer on the web, and this
allowed me to do a comparison of the DLL's and OCX components that both copies of
Tradestation were using when running the Performance Report.  This led to the
discovery that the non-functional copy was using an earlier version of VCF132.OCX.
This is the popular Formula One spreadsheet component that TS2Ki is using for the
Performance Report.  It had been overwritten by the earlier version when I recently
installed VISIO 2000 on my machine.  I unregistered the bad copy and re-registered
the good copy, and now I can do Performance Reports again.  (I'm afraid my scream of
triumph may have disturbed the neighbors...)

The interesting thing about this is that it wasn't really Omega's fault - the
responsibility for this kind of "DLL Hell" problem lies squarely with Microsoft's
original lousy design for DLL's and OCX's.  Omega's mistake was in using Microsoft
tools in the first place...

Best regards,

  David Rosenthal

__________________________
Jeff Meek wrote:

David,
Below I have copied 3 of the responses I got on the problem.  None of the
solutions worked for me unfortunately.  I had to reinstall TS2k.  Multiple
times in fact, since there was also some kind of registry setting that was
screwing things up.  I had another TS problem that didn't go away until I
completely removed all Omega entries from my registry, then installed TS
from scratch.

Good Luck,
Jeff
-------------------------
> Jeff,
>         replace offending .xls file with fresh file in the following file:
> C/programfiles/omegaresearch/program/
> At one stage my SPR froze over,and this did the trick...
>
> Gordon

------------------------
Jeff,

I have the same problem right now. Below is what Omega told me. I have to
delete a file and reinstal. Having to reinstall really sucks.

============
To resolve this issue you will need to delete Alerts11.mdb and reinstalling
TradeStation again the file is located in the following directory c:\program
Files\Omega Research\My Work.
============

Regards
Robert H.

------------------------
>I had the same problem. There are two .xls files under omega. Delete those
and reinstall :)

>The two .xls files get corrupted sometimes.

>good luck!

__________________________
Michael Harris wrote:

David:

There are two possibilities:

First TS support suggested that two files which enable the report may have gotten
corrupted.  These are
Msg.xls  and   PmIEod5.xls

They should be in the program directory.  Omega E-mailed me two files with which I
replaced the old ones.  This, however, did NOT work.

The second solution was to re-install TS2000.  I forgot if I uninstalled the old
version
or re-installed on top of it.  Omega can advise on what needs to be backed up in
either
case.  The re-install worked and only took a few minutes.

Let me know if I can provide additional help.

(I would have sent you the 2 files, but I am not sure if they would work or possible
even mess things up more for you.  Omega will be happy to send them to you.)

Mike