Re: Multi-CPU machine for TS...? (was:the ideal computer for tradestation...)

>I don't understand why the amount of RAM would affect CPU
>usage, but it does.

The lest ram you've got the more the system (O.S.) is forced to swap and move
memory blocks for the same work/load. (Swapping/Paging concepts)

With more ram, the ratio "user cpu"/"system cpu" is increasing,
CPU should follow (approximatively) a 1/x fonction.
ie.
The more ram you add the less it has effect.
128 to 256 is more important than from 256 to 384.
256 to 384 is more important than from 384 to 512.
etc...
Windows(3.x, 9X) got troubles to manage more than 512Mo.
NT/W2k manages it without trouble.
Bug or feature ? :))

my 0.02