Re: the ideal computer for tradestation...

I think you miss the subject of this thread which is really how much
computer must we invest in before we overcome the limitations of TS2Ki, and
are able to use it in our trading without it being a hindrance. When I
place a trade and want to follow it closely in the first few minutes and I
cannot write notes on the chart on my screen or move simple trendlines
around, that is a hindrance to my trading.

I thought everyone would be pleased that Intel has finally produced a
powerful enough processor at a reasonable enough price to interest traders
on this list who have been struggling as have I to integrate this poorly
written software into our daily lives. Others on the list expressed a
desire to hear about my experiences with the upgrade. My point was that
because I upgraded to a P4 system, I can now use TS2Ki without it hindering
my trading (of course, I haven't had time to really put it through its
possibilities, and I'm not holding my breath, it is only operating to my
minimum standards).

This did not happen because of something Omega did, it happened because of
new hardware being made available at recently lowered prices. The knee jerk
reaction on this list was the usual pissing contest re AMD. It really
doesn't matter which you choose, as long as you choose a processor in this
class, you will not be disappointed.

And now those who would have us believe that TS2Ki is gawd's gift to
traders are starting to crawl out from wherever. I should think a good
professor like you would have more pleasant things to do than write flaming
emails attempting to revive the nasty discourse between those who use TS2Ki
as a doorstop and defend it to the last drop, and those who use TS2Ki as a
trading instrument, and find its shortfalls disturbing. I was merely
pointing out a possible solution to some long standing issues.

By the way, the platform that I am dreaming of does exist in the form of
it's not really necessary. I traded without platform for many years in the
past, and I could certainly return to some of the pre-computer methods if
need be, but for now, I choose not to. I enjoy pretty pictures while I
work, I simply don't appreciate them interfering with my trading.

Rant on if you must,