Re: the ideal computer for tradestation...

I'm certainly not qualified tech wise to argue one over the other but:

A) I've run TS on both Intel (since 386) and AMD since 486 vintage machines:
No problem at all on the AMD's regardless of what Omega says, and FWIW that
old AMD 486 is still working just fine for my kid.

B) Many (if not most) things I've read say the Athlon is a *better
chip,* not just cheaper, than the P4.

C) Look at the charts of AMD and INTC if you want a "put your money
where your mouth is" comparison since the new Athlons and the P4's
hit the market.

Some would have you believe Intel is the only quality choice. That
seems blind brand loyalty to me. It's a two horse race now, and IMHO
that's a good thing.

BW