Re: the ideal computer for tradestation...

>From: "Paul Newton" <paluap@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: <ribau@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>CC: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: the ideal computer for tradestation...
>Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 21:50:02 -0800
>
>For the cost concious, an AMD processor of like ability is about half the
>P4 price, conventional ram is 1/3, and a GTS/64 is available on
>pricewatch.com for $175. AMD/intel is like Ford/Chevy these days (with
>Cyrix the Rambler I suppose),

I agree on the about AMD: got an Athlon 900 and Win2K and WOW! But
I don't think that's fair to Rambler. I once had a Rambler that ran
forever (until I crashed it with a few 100,000 miles). OTOH, I once borrowed
a CYRIX machine and it crashed forever (until I gave it back). You can get a
new Athlon box, win2K, and 512 MB ram for under $1000 and those machines
have tested **faster** than P4's that cost twice as much.

BW

so everyone has their favorites, but I have found AMD processors