Re: Trading System Design

>The temptation to apply cutting-edge mathematical/engineering
>techniques to trading is hard to resist.  For a good survey
>see: Deboeck: "Trading on the Edge."  For another interesting
>viewpoint on the mental side of it, try: Kahneman et al:
>"Judgment under uncertainty: Heuristics and biases."

Interesting chapter in Market Wizards II about William Eckhardt. He was
working on his math doctoral dissertation just before jumping into becoming
a floor trader...still listed in the top 10 CTA's.

>The land baron down the road, who made his wealth in the markets
>once remarked, "engineers make the worst traders."  I like to
>think of myself as a recovering engineer... :)

Funny, the "land baron down the road," from me is Ed Seykota: MIT
engineering grad and the "father" of computerized system trading
(Market Wizards I).

BW