Re[2]: happy TradeLab users

Hello  Chris,

CB> I make a profit trading futures using unique indicators I developed in
CB> TradeLab.

how  did  you  develop  anything?  intruder john returned his tradelab
because  bob  had  the  software locked up where you could not program
your  own indicators.  did bob program the indicators for you?  also i
guess  you had to use indicators because tradelab was never capable of
backtesting a strategy?

CB>  Further I couldn't have done what I'm doing in  TradeStation.

i'm sure you could not

CB>  I feel even more fortunate because I believe you will
CB> find TradeLab is no longer for sale.

yes  you  are  very  fortunate,  just  think  now  bob can move on and
concentrate on more important web opportunities like the ones below.

http://www.martekint.com Martek International web site
http://www.nantucketbuckets.com Nantucket Buckets web site
http://www.sciapp.com Scientific Approaches web site
http://www.dorettasmith.com Doretta Smith web site
http://www.bizjetset.com  Biz Jetset web site
http://www.sanzar.com Sanzar, Inc. corporate web site
http://www.tradelab.net TradeLab Web Site
http://www.trading-and-investing-with-tradelab.com
Trading-and-Investing-with-Tradelab web site
http://www.software-for-trading-and-investing.com
Software-for-Trading-and-Investing web site
http://www.tradelab-rebate.com

CB> Although I know many on the Omega List continue to have great success
CB> with TradeStation, I found a different product with different ideas
CB> can expose new opportunities for profitable trading.

yea right, kings clothes, can we say brickey cult?

CB>   Fortunately for
CB> those of us operating outside the world of popular trading
CB> applications like TradeStation, those popular applications may
CB> actually restrict your trading more than they enable you.

not  having the ability to test your ideas how can you be so confident
in  it?  did  you  have  to  use  some  other  software  to  test your
indicators?

--

Have a Great Day, Mark

http://www.markbrown.com

oh yea and ps i told you so.

there  are  no  sour  grapes  only facts and the facts are you and the
other  wanna  be  retailer  for  tradelab who offers a discount "keep"
referring  to  the capabilities  of a version of tradelab which is not
released yet - that being 2.0 - yet you are selling 1.0

which  does not have the capabilities which extend any further than it
did  2  years  ago.   it's like bob only worked on the web site in all
this time and is still hard up for money to finish the program. ok

i would buy tradelab if it had the capabilities you claim it will have
but i am not willing to finance bob's slow production pace.

nor do i need a program that will cause me to go back to the stone age
to maintain a data base.

================

if  fact  does  tradelab  even  have the capability to make a tick bar
chart?   i  know it can do single tick by tick charts - but i have not
seen  anywhere  that allows tick "BAR" charts - example 5- 20 tick bar
charts.

also since tradelab uses the uniserv ver 2 i guess tick data can not
be pasted into the data base in case of a crash? very precarious
indeed if that is the case.

give the slow progress of bob brickey and what he can singularly
accomplish - i remember he was charging beta testers 1000.00 to beta
tl and now he wants to charge 2000.00 per year for tl while he has not
finished the most basic thing would need in a program - backtesting -
optimization and data maintenance " thats better that one paste at a
time " if this is even doable in tl.

i  have concerns about his ability to deliver since this seems to be a
pay  as  you  go program.  if i were considering it and i am - i still
have  considerable  doubts.   just  because the web site is now filled
with gee whizzzzz stuff the program still looks like it did years ago.

good luck in this vertical market. i'm sincere it! mark

===============

there  are  no  sour  grapes  only facts and the facts are you and the
other  wanna  be  retailer  for  tradelab who offers a discount "keep"
referring  to  the capabilities  of a version of tradelab which is not
released yet - that being 2.0 - yet you are selling 1.0

which  does not have the capabilities which extend any further than it
did  2  years  ago.   it's like bob only worked on the web site in all
this time and is still hard up for money to finish the program. ok

i would buy tradelab if it had the capabilities you claim it will have
but i am not willing to finance bob's slow production pace.

nor do i need a program that will cause me to go back to the stone age
to maintain a data base.

===============

JG> Bob - sorry for the slow response, I've been out of my office most of the
JG> day.  The answer to your question is yes, that can be done in Version 2.0.

SO IS VERSION 2.0 FOR SALE?  NO!

JG> User programs have direct access to the TLData database.

Do  you  see  what  he  says  here?   User programs?  thats correct TL
requires  you  to  write a VB program to make a workspace with charts.
Contained   in  that  program you must specify all the parameters that
TS does for you automatically.  Like the type of bar plot and the type
and  color  of subgraphs and every little detail must be programmed in
with the workspace code.

You do not simply pick and click an indicator or system to appear on a
chart. Unless you write a program and assign an icon to do that.

I  am still unclear and wish a strait answer about if you buy it - and
the  bug  fixes  come out and you are not wanting to belong to the pay
2000.00 per year club.  Will a user be entitled to all the updates for
free?   Or  will  they  be  held  hostage until you fork over another
2000.00?

 mark

===============

Jim  I want an answer to this " if the version 2.0 has a bug "  and it
requires  yet another upgrade to 2.01 for example will brickey provide
that  or will he charge 2000.00 ?  This is what I  have been trying to
communicate to you and get an answer on for a while now!

ps TW can still do things that TL can not - multi data tick charts and
tick combined with time charts - and TW can also compress as much data
on a chart as any program.  In fact to set you strait, from bob's lack
of performing I was inspired to build a program and go to market while
TL  is  still in a basic alpha state.  Especially given that it has no
QUOTE SCREEN or BACKTESTING.