Re: Trading Systems

Let me rephrase your premise and your question.

Question 1.   Jon has a trading system he has worked on for months. First Jon
curve fitted his system to fit the SnP from 1970 thru June of 2000. In Jon's own
words," I traded it from June 2000 to Feb. 2001. I GOT KILLED. The system didn't
work." For Jon to succeed, he must :

a)  Use Winbatch to optimize each year individually and take the parameters for
each year and use them for the NEXT year.

b)  Hope that his conclusion  that his strategy seems to be adapting... FAST
ENOUGH.

c)  Hear  MORE comments as to whether he should trade it now or DO SOME MORE
TESTING.

d)  TRADE IT NOW!!!!

e) Carefully re-define the logic behind his trade expectations, shadow trade his
system to determine whether it actually works in real time according to his
expectations, build  rigorous risk and trade management capability into his
system and/or approach and define what criteria will alert him that the system
does not work soonest in the event that the system fails.

What is your answer? Only you will know what is right for you.