From: RandyBrooks1
Newsgroups: misc.invest.futures
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 1:42 AM
Subject: slippage on the big S&P contract?

Hi:

I've only traded eminis and haven't had much problem with slippage.  Can
anyone
give me an idea of what kind of slippage to expect when trading the big
contract which isn't electronic?  Say the offer is 1268.50, and I put in a
market order to buy.  Where do you suspect I would get filled on average?
Maybe a half point higher?  I know it will always vary and can sometimes
work
to my advantage, but just curious what people think the average is.

Thanks a lot.