Re: trading systems

: Perhaps you could clarify a little more something you wrote. If I invest
in
: an entity that trades, am I implicitly or indirectly a trader? If I buy
: and/or sell interests in 10 (different) mutual funds within 30 days, am I
: trader or implicitly an investor? The point is, how do you distinguish
: between a trader and an investor, excluding the IRS' definition which is a
: whole other can of worms.

I think the IRS defintion makes a lot of sense. If you're paying personal
income tax on this as oppose to capital gains, it makes a lot of sense to
define this as trading. Even though you're limiting yourself to 1/2 of the
trading equation....Speaking of which, I'd like to know how the old lady
that goes 'long only' in the old Omega commercials is doing. Anybody has any
idea?