Mentors:What makes a good Mentor

"...all great achievements are the result of a multiplicity of minds
working together hamoniously."
Napoleon Hill

What makes a good mentor? An interesting question!

A mentor and understudy " protégé " need to have similar "Ethics and a
Connection, Passion, Purpose, Enthusiasm, Courage, Confidence,
Mastery of subject, Alertness, Creative Vision, the 4 D's Desire,
Discipline, Determination, Dedication."
The student and teacher must be willing to learn from each other and
share ..."a willingness to give and to receive". The personal attributes

of what makes a good mentor for anyone or for myself is a difficult
question to
grapple with as many of the mentors that I have journeyed have had
such a wide range of attributes and all have enriched my life.

I believe at appropriate times in our lives we are often
exposed to people we need to know to learn various lessons,
sometimes we do not even recognize those people or lessons
when they happen. It is important to be open and
honest with ones self and be willing to accept the lessons that life's
mentors/teachers pass on to us.To paraphrase an Eastern
saying...."when the student is ready the teacher will show"......

Kind regards
"Gentle" Ox  Stephen...from Australia

"Persistence. Nothing in the world can  take the place of persistence.
Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with
talent.
Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a  proverb. Education will
not;
the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
alone
are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on,' has solved and always will solve
the
problems of the human race " ----
                  Calvin Coolidge

"A non-educated open mind is a thousand times more useful than an
educated closed mind".
anon

"....every person of learning is finally his own teacher....."
Thomas Paine