omegalist website

Why not? I can think of a number of reasons to have an omega list website,
the obvious ones being:

1. A knowledge base so list members can find documents that others have
uploaded, instead of the same answers being repeatedly posted over time. I
was away from this list for 2 years or so, but when I rejoined, many of the
list members are different, but the questions are the same!

2. A classifieds ad section, or even an omega list ebay account. It seems
there is always someone with a TS license to sell:) or books or "something"
of value to others.

3. Surveys! Who's using what software. What's the consensus on support or
some other cherished issue. United we stand etc. Collectively and organized,
this list CAN twist a vendor's arm.

4. Members can publish their expertise in a knowledge base. Yeah it's
commercial, but what isn't? I'd like to know who is good at what. But know
advertising. It's probably more trouble than it's worth.

5. Software and "system" evaluation reports. Pass the hat,  we buy a
license, and someone does an evaluation, writes a paper, and gets to keep
the software for his or her trouble. The real facts please!

6. Perhaps a new name! omegalist.com is taken. Even Omega Research have
abandoned the name:)

Hope to hear some suggestions. I'm sure there are other good reasons to do
this. BTW, I'm prepared to host the site without commercials, but I'd also
like others to help with its construction and maintenance.

Colin West
cwest@xxxxxxxxxxxx