Re: The Ideal DATA Server Features Wish List

well said,
but from my own experience.
i have collected gigabytes of various market data thru the years
and i can tell you that you start spending a considerable chuck
of your time just maitaining the server.... every frigging day,
it's a start, stop, check your data, check for gaps, download patch,
patch not availble, verify data, clean data, change datafeed, datafeed slow,
server goes down...i need historical data that's not available and so on and
so on....
it's a hairy nightmare... and i again i am saying this:
i would rather pay for clean, fast and reliable historical and real time
data on demand
with fast api,THAN  have to manage my own data...
how complicated is this???
otherwise you end up spending more than 50% of your time managing data and
coding support applications instead of what you should be doing is trading
and
working on your system....
i and many more have been down that road... why go there again...
if you can eliminate the data problem then you  got 50% done already...
bilo.

also see notes below.