Re: FW: tradestation questions...

Only one answer for you from me, sorry.

At 03:30 PM 4/21/2001 -0700, Dean DiCarlo wrote:
>Hi all, I am new to this list and to tradestation, but I have a ton of
>questions, I will put the most important ones into this one e-mail so i
>don't keep bugging you guys.
>
>1. Is there a way to link charts?  so if I have a 1 minute a 5 minuta and a
>daily chart could i link them together so they are always the same symbol?
>It is really a pain to switch all of them and I know that lesser software
>has a linking feature.

When entering a symbol type

global symbol

i.e.

global IBM

will change all charts in the workspace to IBM.

>2. Does anyone have an indicator that shows whether a stock has a nasdaq
>uptick?  I tried using if "q_bid > q_bid[1]", but unfortunately both
>variables always return the same result...  I am not sure why, but I can't
>edit the easy language for the "bidtrend" indicator, which may hold the
>answer to my question.

No idea. Trade futures and you won't need to worry about upticks ;)

5. are there any other good forums I can look at on the internet when trying
>to research answers to tradestation questions?  I joined the easy language
>yahoo chat, but unfortunately there isn't much member participation.

This is it.

Michael Watkins
Chief Technical Officer
watkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://IntelligentSpeculator.com
Technical Tools and Trading Strategies for the Active Investor