Re[2]: EL Rate Cut System - Why ?

Hello Bilo,

Over the last few weeks I've come to increasingly believe what you
say.  Some of the markets behavior has been very suspicious looking.
Expiration week seems to often be "engineered", borrowing a term from
Geo Taylor.  On TradingMarkets.com, Goran Yordanoff writes a great
column, esp if you're of the short and bearish persuasion,  and makes
many of the same claims as you.

I'm reluctant to buy in totally--it just seems like someone would blow
the whistle on blatant market manipulation or that some other operator
would try to beat them at their own game.  And conspiracy theories are
highly suspect usually.

Or is this more of an "invisible hand" phenomenon.  E.g., large
institutions have the same self interests and as they enter and exit
the market their coincidentally similar actions tend to  move the
market around. Of course, they would know this already and this would
eliminate any need to explicitly coordinate their actions.

How does this stuff actually work at the concrete, action level??

Best regards,
 Jim Johnson

--
                        mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxx