Re: NOPLOT(n) statement in EasyLanguage; does it work?

Lee,

Thanks for your idea.

What I discovered is I can achieve the result I want with Trend
Lines.  It's not ideal, but at least gives the visual effect that I need.

Example:

IF      val1 > 0 AND
         val1[1] > 0
THEN BEGIN
         VAR: foo(0);
         foo = TL_New(date[1], TIME[1], val1[1], DATE, TIME, val1);
END;

If anyone else has ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks for your help,
Dave

At 12:24 PM 4/20/2001 -0400, LScharpen@xxxxxxx wrote:
>In a message dated 4/20/01 9:18:46 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>david_wieringa_ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
><< Does anyone have experience with the NoPlot() statement in EasyLanguage?
>  believe this is new to TS2000i.
>
>  I was trying to use it this morning to draw an intermittent line, but it
>  doesn't seem to be working correctly.
>
>  Basically, at times the areas where I used NoPlot come up blank -- as I'd
>  expect.  But if I scroll left or right, "sometimes" those areas fill in
>  with a straight line between the points on either side of the gap.
>
>  Has anyone else experienced this?  Found a workaround?  Brought it up with
>  Omega?
>
>  Thanks,
>  Dave
>   >>

>Dave,
>
>I use it frequently.  After the frustration resulting from the 'symptoms' you
>described, I took the easy way out and plotted those 'indicators' for which I
>was using 'noplot' statements as points rather than lines.  This doesn't
>solve the problem you bring up but it at least gets rid of those 'nasty'
>lines connecting the 'gaps' you mention.   For me this has proved an adequate
>but not perfect solution to the problem.
>
>Lee Scharpen

---
Yahoo account: david_wieringa
Software Engineer (contractor)