Re: NOPLOT(n) statement in EasyLanguage; does it work?

On Friday, April 20, 2001, 8:42:36 AM, David Wieringa wrote:

DW> Basically, at times the areas where I used NoPlot come up blank --
DW> as I'd expect.  But if I scroll left or right, "sometimes" those
DW> areas fill in  with a straight line between the points on either
DW> side of the gap.

DW> Has anyone else experienced this?  Found a workaround?  Brought it up with
DW> Omega?

TS2k does NOT update the screen correctly, and there are many strange
graphics effects that result. For example, when switching workspaces,
there are occasionally 'left over' chunks of the previous workspace in
blank areas of the new workspace. The 'left over chunks' problem is no
big deal, but other effects are quite bad, such as the cursor having
the wrong shape, and misleading the user into doing the wrong thing. I
could go on with many more examples, but it is quite clear that the
screen does not update properly.

The NoPlot 'bug' might be due to this, but perhaps not. TS2k seems to
do strange things with straight lines, but intermittently. This can be
seen with the Support/Resistance tool, and others. I use dots instead
of lines when the plot must be turned on and off. This seems to work
OK, but may not look good with wider spacing.

I have brought this up with Omega MANY times, in several different
contexts, and nothing has come of it. From my input alone, they have
been very aware of the problem for a long time. Don't hold your breath
for a solution, though. :-)

ztrader