Re: Globex --> PCQuote

You are not alone.  You don't know how manytimes I've been left hanging
with only the realtime TAL quotes from the CME and no TS charting during
a NQ daytrade/scalp.  I have been following this problem for several
months now.  I have monitored their feed in realtime using
"PingPlotter".  I can see the ping return times, packetloss, and
addresses of each hop.  I have sent them .gif files of my Hyperserver
monitor window and .gif images of PingPlotter during these down times.
In the overwhelming majority of cases it is *THEIR* backbone connection
to the internet that is the problem.  They cannot (willnot) see this.
If you call tech support, they will tell you everything is fine on their
end.  Even though their servers seem to be rock solid(?); They need to
monitor *BOTH* their server farm connections coming out of Chicago and
they evidently are not.  Both bbnplanet.net and alter.net have terrible
packetloss at times which results in your Hyperfeed server
disconnecting.  PCQuote/Hyperfeed doesn't know this.  There is no
feedback mechanism like with "RealAudio" streaming feeds.

1.  you need to download a program like PingPlotter and track your feed.

2.  You need to call Tech support at 888/727-8683 and complain every
    time it happens.  The tech that answers will be unaware of the
    problem, but needs to make note and report.  I think I have been
    the lone voice on this and nothing seems to be improving.

3.  Head of Tech support is Stephen Green --> SGreen@xxxxxxxxxxx
    President of Hyperfeed is Jim Porter  --> JPorter@xxxxxxxxxxx
    Let them both know how you feel.

4.  If it doesn't improve, switch to another quote company and let
    PCQuote/Hyperfeed know why.

Bob Perry
San Jose, CA