Re: eSignal + TS 4.0

The first question which popped into my mind also was Why does this package
require such intensive support?  It ought to be completely transparent, as
is stated on their Web site.  If it is highly temperamental and barfs at the
slightest excuse or irregularity, I would be very reluctant to place my
trust in it (I don't have the resources to maintain two separate
hardware/software systems with a separate subscription to a different
service as a backup).

I'm also uneasy with a year-to-year subscription plan if the software
contains built-in code which periodically renders it useless until
revalidated with a special password from the vendor.  I don't mind paying an
annual fee for support/updates, but I DO NOT like the risk of suddenly
losing my trading platform because the vendor happens to go belly-up.

I'm currently using TS4 with BMI/cable and, based upon things I've read on
this list in the past, I've been eagerly looking forward to this DS Lite
release.  But what I'm reading now is causing me serious doubts.  I would
greatly appreciate hearing from any of you who can either (1) allay my fears
about Dynastore, or (2) confirm that I should start planning for a different
system than TS4/DSLite/eSignal.

Thanks.