Re: Different Between Intraday and Daily Data?

Bob,

Another source of discrepancy (probably not the one you're referencing) may
have something to do with your intra-day data source.  For example --as I
understand it-- The "Daily/EOD" High & Low originate directly from data
received or generated  by the original data vendor.  The Intra-day data may
have been filtered.

I use Quote.com and they heavily filter the data coming from S&P
Comstock.  Every erroneous tick is removed from the intra-day feed on a
real-time basis. If erroneous Daily Highs & Lows occur during the day
(quite frequent for some Symbols), they are retained in the data used to
generate the EOD data from S&P, but have been filtered-out of the Quote.com
intra-day data.

For this reason, I use 390 minute "intra-day" bars as a Proxy for all my
Daily System calculations, as opposed to the "official" Daily bars that
find their way into the public domain --