RE: Some general questions - "The real world"

I would be surprised if you get even 2500 TS users to ante-up $100......
that would buy you 2 contract C++ programmers for a year.
It would then take at least 3 months for them to understand the basic
internals.....
then another 3 months of trial-and-error debug coding......with little
results....
then another 3 months where they go "aha !...I see (finally) the bugs...."
then another 3 months of alpha/beta testing....
and viola, you've got TS2000i fixed......at least.
Hire them for another year and you'll have some new features.

BIG CAVEAT:
TRAD & The Cruz brothers have absolutely no interest in improving or even
fixing TS2000i....
that's totally apparent with all of the "fixes" and new features for TS/Pro
and none for TS2000i in over a year....
and they have total and absolute control over the source code.
Now what ?

BTW: Who is going to put-up the office for the programmers and provide the
workstations, the compilers, and the debuggers ?