From: Mark Jurik [mailto:mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 8:58 PM
To: 'omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Security Report excerpt - What can be done?

What is the advantage of using Outlook or Outlook
Express over using the core application "Windows
Messaging?"  WM does not have exotic features, but
at the same time, that makes it very robust against
all sorts of spoofs and attacks.

I've been using WM for years and the only complaint I
have is that it leaves garbage in the mail that makes
others think there is an attachment.  But I presume
Outlook does the same.

I also use Pegasus Mail at times, which is very clean
and has fewer vulnerabilities.

So why use a mail reader like Outlook with as many
security holes as Swiss Cheese?

- mark