From: <LScharpen@xxxxxxx>
To: <rosewood@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 5:53 PM
Subject: Re: [RT] Early close for stock index futures

rosewood@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Sean:

 The fact that it is well-announced has nothing to do with the question of
 fainess for the small speculator nor does it reassure me of the intentions
 of the exchange.

 dr >>
 ==========================

Although I'm 6'3", I believe I fall into the category of 'small speculator'
you mention.  I sit here and watch my screen, don't bother 'nobody' and
nobody bothers me.  Even so, the issue at hand (a 'special' time of "close"
or "settlement" at month/quarter end) has somehow 'osmosed' through MY walls
into my pores ... over and over and .... again .... since it first started.
But even if it hadn't, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how it
might 'hurt' me ... or why it's somehow 'unfair' to me ... or how it says
anything about the "intentions of the exchange" ... positive or negative ...
if my 'walls' were thicker and I hadn't known about it   Maybe a 'market on
close' order resting there?  I never use one of 'those' so maybe that's why
don't 'see it'.

Lee Scharpen