RE: Why futures truth doesn't care about stealing your system

I don't know why you feel TS isn't adequate for 95% of the people out there.
You obviously are thinking of a specific example and you sound like you've
tried it.  If you're that advanced then I'm sure dropping a few thousand on
a C++ coder -- if you have to have C because Powerbasic is nearly as fast
and just as stable -- would be no big deal.  How much does MatLab cost?  I
would like to what example you're thinking of because while I agree that EL
alone could be inadequate for many heavy stat analysis I disagree that it
can't be adapted to all of that.  There are definitely some charting
techniques it does not support but these are specialized or proprietary and
really aren't nec.  TS charts, monitors positions and integrates it with a
programming language that is expandable through languages such as C and PB.
That's enough for most.  The only limitation in TS is the charting.  If
you've systematized your trading, charting really isn't that necessary so
there is practically no limitation with regards to the systems you can test
and deploy (and you don't need C++ to do it PB works great.  The MESA
software for TS was written in PB)