Re: Off-topic: Tape Backups

> The question of tape back up was discussed in a thread a few
> months ago and there was one poster who was really  p***** at his
> HP tape back up unit

That was probably me.  :-)  I have an HP Colorado Travan-4 drive, and
it's been a PITA from day one.  Unreliable, fussy setup, periodic and
unrepeatable failures, incredibly buggy backup software, etc etc.
Worse, HP failed miserably in supporting it.  I was on the phone with
them many times, many hours, with many different people.  I got many
different answers, mostly conflicting, most of which made absolutely
no sense.  I eventually gave up trying to get any help through them
for anything but the most severe problems.  I don't plan to get
another HP drive anytime soon.

Gary