Why I think Futures Truth exists to steal systems

Futures Truth (http://futurestruth.com) claims that,
"John Hill started Futures Truth to bring truth to the
trading system industry."  To submit a system, "The
vendor must then send FT the formulas for the system
that they would like us to track.  The system will be
tracked using real-time data for 4 months. After the 4
month period, we will submit the results to the vendor
for verification and confirmation. If everything is
satisfactory, we will begin publishing the results in
the Futures Truth Co. Magazine. Simple systems will be
tracked at no charge."  The implied reasoning for
needing the formulas they give:
"The system trader is besieged year in and year out by
promises of the HOLY GRAIL. As all system purchasers
find out sooner or later, systems very rarely live up
to their billing."

So by having the system code in hand, they can
independently verify what the actual performance of a
system is.

But wait a minute.  Tradestation and other packages
can send e-mail alerts of buy and sell signals.  You
can add several recipients.  So external system
testing of systems can be done via e-mail sent from
Tradestation, with FT getting the e-mails realtime.  A
simple pearl script could then process the e-mails and
register the results if the orders hit the market at
that time.  THERE IS NO NEED FOR THE BLACK BOX TO BE
OPENED UP BY FT to see how the system performs in
realtime.  In fact, if you are tracking 100+ systems,
it is probably about 10 times easier to process
incoming e-mails then to have 100 different systems
processing data.

Given this, we come back to the reason why FT wants
the code.  I think the answer should be obvious: they
want to use it for their own benefit.  Are they
trading your system with a $10 million account?  The
only way you'd know is if it doesn't work as well.

Best regards,
Jack