portfolio manager

I appreciate the posts, which were quite varied. It seems that Bilo is able
to rattle-off specs like it's his second nature, and others raised features
I hadn't contemplated much. Comments about Rina's offering suggest it
doesn't do much more than diddly and is considerably overpriced.

It also seems that collectively there is enough talent and competency on
this list to assemble a team of volunteers for the purpose of developing a
portfolio management application for "our" use. I'd like to set up a forum
to which those interested can post their wish list, and recruit skills to
firstly consider the order of magnitude of the project.

There are a number of formats a forum may take: a webboard, a searchable
website to which one may post, a listserver, etc. Lets here preferences
before I "do it." Take a look at http://webboard.oreilly.com
<http://webboard.oreilly.com>  and http://groove.net <http://groove.net>
for ideas. Personally I favor the former, embedded in a website.

Colin West