Re: Portfolio testing

best bet would be Rina.
portfolio stream, and portfolio evaluator
will do port testing. be ready to fork over
thousands.
portfolio tracker is the real time port tracking
tool for ts2000i only. graph equity curve etc...
i myself don't really care bout portfolio testing
since my portfolio is dynamic...
but i do care bout portfolio tracking in real time
in ts pro... but tracker only works with 2000i for now.

other approaches would be excel / access and hashnumbs.
you can fairly easily code a spreadsheet and get it updated
off the charts per bar and compile your equity curve,combined
p$l etc... hashnumbs has an example of how to do it in excel.
coupled with access that would be the best bet since you
are not dependant on some vendor.

i heard that next pro version will have a portfolio tool built in.
i also hope that they will be smart and allow autofill for entry and
exit price either straight from the systems orders or/and execution bar...
let's see how smart they are bout that :-) else you'll get tired of
entering those entry prices manually in there...

i am going the excel/access route for max flexibility...
bilo.
ps. i talked to rina programmer and ask him to include autofill feature
in next version of port tracker for Pro. he said he will but who knows
when the open platform api will come out.
i also heard that pro sdk will not be as good as 2000i sdk...  limited...
which is contradiction to the term "open platform".