Re: TS 2000i strategy builder question

Warning:  I'm answering these questions in the context of TS4, which
is what I use.  I believe TS2k works the same way.

> I`ve included a stop loss signal in my strategy, but I noticed
> that many of the losing trades were way above that amount. Then I
> saw that TS was only looking at the stop loss at the next bar, not
> the same bar in which the trade was initiated. Any way to get
> stopped out even intrabar?

Buy/sell/exit orders are issued at the *end* of the current bar, and
are in effect only for the next bar.  For stops you manage yourself,
you need to issue the order on EVERY bar.

But it sounds like you're concerned about getting stopped out in the
same bar you entered in.  One choice is to use TS's built-in MM stop,
which should be in effect immediately after entry.  Another choice is
to issue the MM stop on the bar BEFORE you enter the trade.  I.e. if
you have a "buy" order on bar X, which enters on bar X+1, then you
should also issue an MM stop order on bar X.  That way it will also
be in effect on bar X+1.  You might want to modify the MM stop after
you've entered, since your actual fill might be different than the
theoretical fill you anticipated in bar X.

> "generate orders for next bar" didn`t make a difference...

That's a very badly-named option.  It doesn't seem to have any impact
on when or whether systems issue orders.  It only affects whether the
system's orders appear in the STCC, and whether order changes are
signalled with the "new/changed/removed orders" dialog boxes.

Gary