Re: Some general questions

> > > OK, so Omega is moving on with its new business model,
> >
> >Yeah, they are going into the brokerage business just as Schwab is
> >laying off thousands of employees. Good call (again) Bill and Ralph. :-)
>
> And they would much rather have thousands of well funded competitors
> in the brokerage business than have a virtual monopoly in the
> TradeStation business.
>
> This will make a good business-school case someday...

Very soon, practically all exchanges will be electronic and the
kind of integration that Omega are offering might look very good.

The alternative is to try to sell more copies of shrink wrap in a
raging bear market. I don't think so many people will be looking
at trading for a living now, do you? And if 90% drop out, as they
do, and there are few new entrants, where's the sense in that?