Re: Traderware is crap

Mr. N.

You make some very good points and I can tell your frustration level on this
issue is still high from this and other recent posts.  This issue is an
emotional one for many on this list, whatever platform we are talking about.

Personally, I was trained as a discretionary trader so my needs are pretty
simple.  But speed and reliability are important issues regardless of the
approach to trading.

I guess what this comes down to is what do you do when handed with a bunch of
lemons.  Do you throw them away, or find a way to make some lemonade?
Certainly even in making lemonade there are some lemons that are bad and in
need of being discarded.

The idea of Traderware was a good one.  Not all good ideas can come to
fruition.  Good ideas can fail with good or bad people.  The question is what
can we learn, what can we salvage from the experience.

I have some very strong ideas about how this economic downturn is different
from the last one at the beginning of the 1990s.  One key element is the use
of the Internet, lists like this and sites like ebay to quickly move the
assets of failed companies into new hands at a much more efficient rate.  We
will likely see a new wave of entrepreneurism because of this efficiency.  It
is not going to help some of the publicly traded companies, especially ones
that will be competing with their own equipment on the secondary market.  So
our stock market woes may continue, while new business are popping up and
taking the employment slack.  Interesting informational and market dilemma.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!

In a message dated 3/25/01 12:16:18 AM Central Standard Time,