Re: Globex2 Stops & PATS Systems

Bob:

Thanks.  It is nice to get such positive feed back. Yes, there are plenty of
ED&F Man affiliates and customers who will be offering this product.  And
there are other brokerage firms as well that have it either in the U.S. or in
Europe.

One of the things I like best about PATS though is the decentralized system
configuration.  Each FCM has its own set of servers, there is not one
centralized clogging point at PATS headquarters.  Also, some FCMs have
servers in both the U.S. and Europe, which gives some redundancy and
regulatory flexibility.  It is a very scalable system too from what I have
been told, so capacity issues should be more manageable.

The stock side online firms had experienced lots of problems with capacity
problems and related outages.  The SEC has even fined some of them.  And I
have heard from some people in the industry that some other popular online
futures trading platforms outages may be the result of capacity problems.  So
it is an issue to be aware of.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J.
Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading Division of The Price
Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker.

In a message dated 3/24/01 1:48:44 PM Central Standard Time,