Re: Please help me before I do the unthinkable!

Hello Steve,

I had the same experiences with TS2K and the web as Jim Johnson.  I also
settled on a FutureSource satellite feed with TS4 and make the same
recommendations as Jim.

I use TS2K only for system development and backstudies with historical data.  I
am very happy with the features and performance of TS2K in that application.

I found TS2K to be too bug-laden and tempermental for real time use.  I also
wonder if there really is such a thing as a reliable, stable web feed.  I've
tried several web vendors over the years and they all seem to have
interruptions and disconnects too frequently to suit me.  I also understand
that web delivery problems are often vicissitudes of the internet and not the
vendor's fault.

Conversely, the FutureSource satellite feed and TS4 are steadfast and true.
Over the last two years, the times I've lost the feed and charts are when the
electric went off on my end.  There was one occasion only when the satellite
was down.

FS makes it very easy to get and merge historical data to fill in any gaps
whenever they occur.  Also, I have found the FS tech supp to be excellent.  I
know it sounds like I'm on the FS payroll but I am simply a satisfied
customer.  I am very happy to pay an extra 200 bucks a month if that's what it
costs to have a reliable vendor, a charting application that supports the
studies/systems I use, and quality tech supp.

The satellite feed is slower than some of the web feeds I've observed, but my
trading style is not based on frantic, split second entries and exits.  The
benefits I enjoy more than offset that characteristic.

Regards to all,
Lee

*****Jim Johnson's reply to Steve Kline's question:********************

two years ago my cable cmpany quit carrying BMI. I immediately went
to TS2ki as I could only use an internet feed at that time. Over the
next year I spent way too much time on 2ki bec of bugs. I finally
went back to TS4 w Dynastore. That was a fair arrangement except that
Quote.com became unreliable--and still is I hear. I then migrated to
FutureSource-satellite. I love the setup. Drawbacks: sat dish
outside, futures only, a bit pricey (but if you run two machines its
is very competitive bec of the savings in exchange fees.
If I had to switch now I'd probably wait a few months (?) for eSignal
via Dynastore. I'd do alomost anyting to stay off 2ki for realtime.
Best regards,
Jim Johnson
*********