Re: TS Pro speed, let's compare notes again, READ.

--- Bilo Selhi <biloselhi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> my pro crashed again today in fast market on
> fed anouncement.
> this time it generated an GPF error and locked up
> in win2000 .had to reset the machine.
> again cpu pegged and about 3 min after it went belly
> up.
> cache files had to be deleted.
> also this morning atcc odbc crashed and i had to do
> the
> restore database.
>
> the good question comes in.
> how many charts should tradestatoin be able to
> handle
> on newest win operating system and 1G machine on t1
> line?

it is a question of how much memory per chart being
used and the average load each chart is putting
onto tspro. figure that out by experiment yourself.

then you can estimate how much your computer can take.

> should it be able to handle 50 charts or only 5
> charts.
> i mean these are 5 min  charts.
>
> my rational tells me that trading software of this
> caliber should
> do 50 charts without any problems... and it should
> be flying doing that.

we lived with ts3.0 ts3.5 then ts4.0,
if you decided to stay using or products,
learn to live around it :)

> let hope that the next release we get something
> better and faster.
> i still like it and consider these problems
> temporary.

better and faster? I can bet that it will never
happen.

hope for intel making a P10 10G next year to solve
your
problem. That seems to be the best bet. Worst case,
since intel pretty much on track double its cpu speed
every year, you can do what you want to do with TS in
about, maybe 3 to 4 yrs :)

-Lawrence

=====
Lawrence Chan                http://www.tickquest.com
Home of trading tools NeoBreadth and NeoTicker series