RE: Re[2]: Problem with TS Pro

-----Original Message-----
From: ztrader [mailto:ztrader@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 5:12 PM
To: omega-list
Subject: Re[2]: Problem with TS Pro

>>True, but that is not the direction that is of concern. :-) It would
>>be quite trivial to have the program send YOUR information along with
>>data requests and other handshaking needed by the system. It's what
>>goes TO Omega that is of concern.

If this is your concern and you are using TS2K
you probably sending all this information to Omega already.

>>Since much of the data is already 'encrypted' and can be sent in
>>packets, it would be develishly difficult to detect it. Omega is
>>notoriously closed about their data formats, and is unlikely to
>>change.

Do I think it is possible? Yes.
Do I think that Omega does it? No.
Not that I believe in Omega's honesty, but I think that would be
the most dumbest thing ever that publicaly traded company has done.
First, 99.99999999% of the systems they would receive is a junk in the first
place;
Second, if anybody ever finds out, they would loose 99% of their
customers base.

And if you so paranoid, why don't you put your system code into a dll.