From: Prosper [mailto:brente@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2001 9:19 AM
To: Monte C. Smith; Timothy Morge
Cc: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: The Ross Hook: less Please

The fact is that the tools or methods touted by many big name traders don't
and didn't work for them either. Why spend $150+ to find a few tricks that
might work for you. You can find your own tricks unless you really haven't
got a clue. If you haven't got a clue, withdraw your money from your account
and keep your day job.

I have done a lot of background checking on traders and most don't do well
in non-trending markets. I figure that one tenth of 1 percent have gamblers
nack, those like R. Dennis etc, who will make a killing for a while until
their luck runs out. The exception are those that keep going into battle,
sometimes for as much as 20 years. Eventually some of those traders finally
learn what is really going on and how to use it. The rest write books.

Prosper