OFF Topic Tape Backup

Dear All,

FWIW.

I had a SCSI tape unit from HP on one of my machines, which stopped working.
Because of running various bits of software on different machines, I decided
to move the tape unit to a different machine when the repalcement arrived. I
phoned HP yesterday, to inform them of the failure. Then sent a new unit
from Holland which arrived this a.m. I installed in the enclosure and loaded
the software. Whilst it passed all of the system tests, it didn't back up
first time. I phoned HP technical support and they were absolutely first
class in walking me through the SCSI settings. I now have a functioning tape
unit within 24 (ish) hours of the failure. Michael Dell should take note.

I'm so impressed with their service I thought I'd pass it on in case anyone
else is making a purchasing decision.

DJ