Re: Formerly known as "Omega Research"

Thanks Gary. As you know, im not inclined to spam.

The quote.com service is indeed "challenging" to work with. Namely the
qfeed api does not function as documented (i only wish it would :-).
Consequently, i am seeing users who have significant stability problems
and others who report very stable operation. I am confident that these
stability issues can be addressed. I am actively working on programming
issues for improved operational stability right now. This is the
function of a beta test. And we'll release it for sale only when its
ready.

I would agree that most of the problems i am seeing do stem from the
"trecordset"/historic retrieval functions of the qfeed/quote.com
service. Again, behavior of the feed is not as documented, but that
doesnt mean the feed cant be used. A lot of programming on our end to
take care of qfeed idiosyncracies....but still an excellent value for
realtime data capture/analysis if it can provide what the customer is
after with stability.

We do system backtesting/charting and all of the other charting
capability of the BITM EOD version (custom formulas, automatic
support/resistance/trendlines, colored bar chart true/false studies etc)
as intraday bars update which is not readily available for realtime
trading at the kind of price point you are looking at for BITM RT with
the quote.com feed. We're here to compete.

Tom Kohl (Tarn Software)

http://www.tarnsoft.com/
303-794-4184