easylanguage system question

  • To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: easylanguage system question
  • From: Wilson Meador <whmkn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 23:37:01 -0800

ok, somebody help me out here. I am working on a simple system. If long, I
want to exit with a 6% profit on a limit order, or a 9% loss on a stop
order. I have written long exit rules as follows:

exitlong at (@entryprice(1)*1.06) limit;
exitlong at (@entryprice(1)*.91) stop;

These are the only long exit rules so far, but when I run the rules on a
stock, some trades are done properly, but every so often there is a long
entry and long exit at same price on same day.

Is there a better way to write these exit rules?

any help will be appreciated.