Re: Off topic: Gifs and web pages

> I am having a bit of a headache, however, with the gifs I am
> uploading several times a day...it seems the gifs look nowhere
> near as good on the web page as they do on my screen. Might anyone
> have any ideas or tips on how to get quality gifs onto my website?

Hi Tim,

The GIF file is 695x454.  Your HTML on your website specifies it
should be displayed as 650x424.  So when it's displayed in a browser,
the image is squished into a smaller space -- resulting in some
visual artifacts & loss of image quality.

Solution:  either remove the width & height specifiers in the HTML,
or use the same width/height as the actual GIF.

Removing them is simplest, especially if the image is going to be a
different size every time you change the site.  Specifying the
width/height has the advantage that the browser can "lay out" the
webpage with everything in the proper location if it knows the image
size ahead of time.  Without that, the page will be laid out with a
default size for the image (probably 1x1, but I'm not sure), and then
the text will be shifted around when the image is downloaded & the
browser finds out the actual size.

Gary