Re: UsingTS2Ki EMail Option...

Simon & Dave,

After I Enable Messaging feature under Format< Window,
E-Mail Notification worked fine to my surprise in the
limited tests i performed.No multiple signals sent.
Thanks for the tip off on Format< Window Simon
:-)Didnt' see that in the help.

BTW: if you use Netscape mail as the default e-mail
client and enable MAPI in NS preferences, the netscape
program wont Launch the browser it just sends the
alert. All you will see is a small sending dialog box
with a progress bar. In contrast if I use Eudora for
the default E-Mail client, it launches the entire
Eudora application to sent the alert.

It seems to me that you could write some code in EL
that writes a .txt to the directory of your choice
containing the text or values you want in your alert.
Then you would simply need a program (not sure if such
a prog exists)to monitor that directory for new files
and if it finds a new one it will e-mail it.

Regards,

Alan