Re: REALITY CHECK

  • To: Lawrence Chan <stnahc@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: REALITY CHECK
  • From: lazar223@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 19:18:03 -0800

Lawrence,
   Please forgive me for asking you my question in a "negative" way, as
that was not my intention. What I really
meant to express was " tell me what he should do, in addition to what he
shouldn't do". That said, what is critical in
this thread is that as a trader you have to learn personal lessons how
to trade. Whether by analyzing code (math) to
find patterns which repeat or by watching and creating discretionary
approaches, the goal is still to find an "edge".
That edge is the thing that relates to you that you feel comfortable
enough to follow when it talks to you. Your
ability to develop ever higher  levels of comfort with that conversation
with your "stuff" , will come from both
experience and learning to either overcome or control yourself .
Depending on how you make decisions and how
you view and relate to your perception of the world (market) will
determine what kind of trader you become. But
you still have to learn how to trade first.  If your psychological
mindset is rock solid but your trading perception is
flawed, you will suffer the pain spoken about in the earlier posts.
Conversely, if you are inner jelly, developing
systems and trading mechanically is an excellent way to successfully
compensate. You do the thinking in advance,
having coded your perceptions in advance. But first you must learn to
see that something.