Re: REALITY CHECK

> After careful contemplation, I choose to focus my
> time and money toward
> the art & science of intraday stock index futures
> trading. The works of
> Angell, Abell, Appel, DiNapoli, Gietzen, Lloyd,
> Natenberg, Pesavento,
> Raschke, Schwager, Tharp, and Zweig represent
> familiar territory.

... if memory serves me correct, none of them have
real systematic trading experience :)
not even Schwager.

> I'm not so naive to expect that list members would
> share proprietary
> secrets that evolved after hundreds of hours of
> research.  However, all
> comments pointing toward "reality" are appreciated.

the reality is "not hundreds of hours" but
many times that :)

if you are going for "discretionary trading", then
expect to have huge drawndown before you might (maybe
never) learn to discipline yourself to cut the losses.

if you are going for "systematic trading" then
expect you will have huge drawndown on all the
systems you've made that seems to work - plus,
you still need to learn to discipline yourself to
trust your system (if it is a really sound one).

I always encourage people not to take trading
as a career - being an advisor or trainer is easier :)

Good luck.

=====
Lawrence Chan                   http://www.tickquest.com
Innovative Analytical Software for Trading Professionals