Re: e-mini brokers / platforms and more

 The relationships are not always very obvious, but sometimes you can
leave one brokerage, open an account with another, and it turns out the
same firm is doing the actual executions. I think PMB's e-mini
executions are done by Lind-Waldock, and cleared through Lind.
Refco also bought Main Street, which was Ken Roberts' brokerage
(charging about 90 or a hundred bucks per r/t). The point is, if you're
leaving a brokerage because you're not happy with the executions, you
ought to find out if you're really leaving, or just going in through
another door.

Regards,
Monte

I4Lothian@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 1/20/01 4:13:58 PM Central Standard Time,
> prosys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> << I might give www.5perside.com a shot.....currently I'm with
> www.jackcarl.com
>  Bugs in their browser-based trading platform make for unpleasant surprises.
>  Low commissions and daytrading margins are pluses.... >>
>
> ***** Actually, 5perside.com is owned by ED&F Man International, Inc., the
> same firm that owns Jack Carl.  I believe 5perside was created by First
> American Discount Corp., which was recently bought by ED&F Man.  And, I think
> 5perside uses the Futures Online platform that First American had leased when
> they were trying to merge with LFG, Lind Waldock and Saul Stone.  Futures
> Online was a Division of LFG (and now owned by Refco)  and there interface
> was developed internally at LFG.  Theoretically, 5perside should have the
> same margin policy as Jack Carl.
>
> ***** Both the Jack Carl browser based interface, and the 5perside/Futures
> Online platform, are examples of internally produced systems.  However, Jack
> Carl's ETC browser system originally bought the rights to its front end from
> another firm, Auditrack.  And coincidentally, First American deployed
> Autitrack's system previously to the Futures Online deal.
<snip>