Re: how to read OMZ files ?

At 11:58 AM +0000 1/17/01, Joe Robe wrote:

>I wrote my own trading system outside omega, but would need to read omegas
>OMZ files to run some backtesting. Does anyone have the format of omz files
>aor an utility to translate them into ascii or whatever ??

You can simply plot the data in TradeStation with the bar compression you would like.

Then "View" the "Data Window" and right-click on the header of the Data Window.

Then select "Send to file" and specify the path.

This will create a .csv file of the data. You can open it in Excel to delete columns you do not need.

Bob Fulks