Re[4]: Tradestation drop

Hello Lawrence,

For me (and me only) the "switching costs" would be unacceptable.  I
have maybe 100 systems, indicators, etc. that I use in EasyLanguage.
MS would have to present some very significant advantages to offset
that investment in time.

My limited experience w MS suggests it cannot be programmed in the
depth and complexity of TS. If I am wrong about it then at the very
least MS has not done a good job marketing that aspect.

I've attached a system Bob Buran gave away called G-Force.  for me it
is a complicated system to code.   could it be done in MS?  How long
would it take me to learn MS language and then in turn code this
system.  Even if it could be done, I don't see the advantage of doing
it.

I'm open to enlightenment however.

{==================================================================================}

{from B Buran. Data1 = 10 min bars, Data2 = 60 min bars, Data3 = 600(daily) bars.}

{takes longs at end of 1st third of day only; takes short anytime before 3:00 PM EST}
{short trades are based on MA crossover (daily) + range expansion (60 min); long is based on
spike pattern in first third of the day.}
{Exit based on penetration of multiple of range average +/- EntryPrice}
        {NOTE: short trades were a net loss over 97-98 period.  Use system for long only.}

Inputs: SpikTrig(150), LkBck(13),
                RngMult(2.5){Range expansion for sells},
                SLM(.3);{Stop Loss Multiple of Av Range}

Vars:  Spike(0),Time1(0), Time2(0), Time3(0), Time4(0), Time5(0), AvLo(0), Lowestlow(0);

Time1 = CalcTime(Sess1StartTime, 30);   {minutes after open to waint until entry}
Time2 = CalcTime(Sess1StartTime, 130);  {end of first third of trading day-11:40EST}
Time3 = CalcTime(Sess1StartTime, 260);  {end of second third of trading day--1:50EST}
Time4 = CalcTime(Sess1StartTime, 340);  {latest time to enter the market-3:00EST}
Time5 = CalcTime(Sess1StartTime, 390);  {15 minutes before close-4:00EST}
AvLo =  Average(Low, LkBck);
LowestLow = Lowest(Low,13);

{short entry--anytime before 3:00EST}
 {If MarketPosition = 0 and Average(C of Data3,3) < Average(C of Data3,9) and Time > Time1 and Time < Time4 then begin
        If Range of Data2 > RngMult*Range[1] of Data2 then sell("RExSE") market;
end;}

{long entry--at 11:40EST only}
If Time = Time2 {first third of day} then begin
        Spike = (AvLo- LowestLow)/ (Average(Range, LkBck))*100;
        If Spike >= SpikTrig and
        Close > Close[4] and
        LowestLow < OpenD(0){ and
        Close > OpenD(0)}then
                buy ("SpikeLE") market;
        end;

 {first third of day exit for short positions; no longs held during this time period}
If Time <= Time2 {w/i 1st time shadow} and MarketPosition = -1 then
        exitshort at the ("SLSX1 ") at (EntryPrice + SLM*Average(Range, 10))stop;

{2nd third of the day exit at +/- 1.5 Average(Range,10)}
If Time > Time2 and Time <= Time3 then begin
        If MarketPosition = +1 then
        exitlong ("SLLX2") at AvLo - SLM*(Average(Range, 13)) stop;
        If Marketposition = -1 then
        exitshort ("SLSX2") at (entryprice+SLM*average(range,10)) stop;
 End;

 {last third of the day exit at EntryPrice}
 If Time > Time3 and Time < Time5 {w/i 2nd third of the day} then begin
        If MarketPosition = +1 then
        exitlong ("SLLX3") at entryprice stop;
        If Marketposition = -1 then
        exitshort ("SLSX3") at entryprice stop;
 End;

 {last 3rd of day exit 10 15 minutes before close}
 If Time >= Time5  {leaves 15 minutes to exit} then begin
        If MarketPosition = +1 then
        exitlong ("MOCLX") ;
        If  MarketPosition = -1 then
        exitshort ("MOCSX");