Neural Shell and Omega

This may be of interest to some of you on the list.  It concerns the
up-coming release of the NeuroShell Day Trader Professional that uses
the Global Server.
Lawrence Price

III.  Important NeuroShell Trader Rel. 3.2 changes

This release, which we said was coming soon last month, is still coming
"soon".  Well, you know how software development goes. You keep finding
bugs and you keep fixing them. We aren't like some major software
companies who release software on a certain date to keep face, knowing
that there are hundreds of bugs in it. We try to get all of our bugs out
before we release.

One of our big problems has been that we have not been able to get a
stable interface to the Omega Research TradeStation 2000i Global Server
for the DayTrader. There remain a few occasional unexplained crashes in
the Global Server when reading intraday data. We have decided therefore,
with great reluctance, to release WITHOUT the Global Server intraday
interface (officially). Since many of our existing DayTrader users and
beta testers are depending on this interface, we WILL make it available
to you (unofficially and unsupported) with the understanding that you
may have problems we have not been able to fix. However, we will not be
advertising it as a feature for new users. When this release is
available, information on how to access the unsupported Global Server
intraday interface will be available on www.ward.net.

There is no problem with the Global Server interface for daily bars. In
fact, this release eliminates the necessity of mapping TradeStation
directories.

Will we keep trying to fix Global Server intraday problems? We have
invested many, many programmer months into trying to make this work, but
we aren't sure we can bypass problems we feel are in the Global Server.
Frankly, we believe that what needs to be fixed is beyond our control.
Since Omega Research has been putting their resources towards
TradeStation Pro instead of the Global Server, we are forced to do the
same (see the last article in this newsletter).

Other changes include more control over the Quote.com data feed, the
capability of changing chart frequency without redoing your chart, and
the addition of analysis templates that allow you to apply a pre-saved
analysis/chart layout to a new chart. This version also now works with
Asian versions of Microsoft Windows.

The new release also contains a number of other improvements, such as
allowing you to export a separate data file for each chart page in one
step, and more objective functions for optimizations. Also, there is the
addition of commissions, slippage, and number of shares to trade to the
prediction wizard. Finally, we have added the ability to reconstruct a
custom indicator back into the original indicator structure before it
was saved.

 VI. Support Plans for TradeStation Pro

We plan to support the new TradeStation Pro (TS Pro) as fully as we can
in the NeuroShell Trader series (NST). At this point, TradeStation
Group, Inc. (a.k.a. Omega Research) has not released to us the
developer's details on interfacing with their internet data feed.
However, our current end of day interface with TradeStation 2000, which
moves data streams from TS charts to NST chart and back, still works
with TS Pro. As soon as we learn how to access TS Pro's data feed, we'll
try to implement that access into NST also. Hopefully, access will
include intraday as well as end-of-day data for you DayTrader users.