vertical space above and below chart AND handling indicators on arealtime daily chart

  • To: Omega_List <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: vertical space above and below chart AND handling indicators on arealtime daily chart
  • From: john hamon <jhamon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 15:57:23 -0800

i just wrote a new indicator (thanks to everybody who answered my questions)
that replaces an older showme.  i have two questions:

1. in the old code TS2K recognized marks above the highest high and below
the lowest low of the chart, and seemingly adjusted the vertical spacing
around the plot to allow them to be visible.  when i use text plots, which i
have to do to get around maxbarsback problems, TS2K doesn't seem to "know"
that they're there.  to fix this i have to go in and manually set the high
and low scales on the chart.  when you tighten or expand the chart to see
more or less data, then the price series is truncate.  i'm sure most people
know the drill.

so the actual question is: is there somewhat to set the vertical space above
and below the chart the way you can set the blank space to the right side of
the chart?

2. my indicator runs on daily.  when the bar is finalized (settled), all my
marks appear in two places -- above and below the correct days and also on
the previous day.  it's as though my indicator isn't dealing with the fact
that the bar number has changed by one because now the last bar is going to
be tomorrow's.

does anyone have any experience with this and how to fix it so that at the
end of the day the indicator looks right without restarting charting or
turning the indicator off and on manually?

thanks again for everyone's generous help,

jh